Monday, January 23, 2017

November - better late than never!

I am finally catching up with the end of the year.  It's about time!

November was a great month.  The weather was turning colder, and we started preparing for winter.  We did lots of fun things together as a family, big and small. 

I took the girls to the firefighter open house down the street.  They liked seeing the trucks and talking to the firemen.  It reminded me of them coming to our home when Rosalyn had her seizure.  I was telling all the firefighters thank you.  I'm sure they thought I was crazy. 

Our big event of November was going to see Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood in concert! This was a big surprise for the girls and part of their birthday present.  It was in Seattle, and Jeff took the day off work.  We went a little early and had a treat to eat and then walked to the show.   

 We were so excited! 



It was a packed audience! I couldn't believe how many little kids were there.  It was a lively group! 

We enjoyed it and have been singing the songs together. It is such a great show for my little girls to learn good manners. 

How do you get yard work done with a little baby? You put her in a high chair! November was spent clearing out the yard in preparation for winter.  I didn't get nearly enough done before the cold set in.  Oh well. 

 Brielle & Rosalyn love their Creative Arts Development class on Tuesday mornings.  They do such fun things with these kids.  They make fun crafts and get messy.  It has been such a great thing for them.  
While they are in class, I get to take a parenting class since it is in conjunction with the Bellevue college.  I have really learned a lot! It has been helpful. 
Their favorite day was the "bakery" day...they had all this dough and baking supplies.  The girls were in heaven.  And I didn't have to clean it up! 

This is what grocery shopping looks like.  It is crazy.  B & R like to push their own carts and throw things in.  And run into people.  And go down separate aisles. Somehow I get the things I need and make it out alive. And sometimes I just go at night after the kids are in bed. 

We went to Jeff's Fidelity Thanksgiving party! It is always fun to see Jeff's coworkers. And eat yummy food! 

I entered my pumpkin cheesecake into the dessert contest...  

I won! Lucky me.  

 We went to the beach for the last time.  The cold air from the water was just too much to handle by the end of November. 

And then it was Thanksgiving time! We went down to Olympia to spend it with my family there.  This year we were at my parent's home.  Delicious! 
 Adeline was ready to eat! 
 I helped with the appetizers before the meal.  Here is my creation.  
Lots of wild turkeys in my family!  

Kate and her mom made the drink.  Yum.  Gotta have a fancy drink! 

And don't forget the turkey! And football...

And then it was time to eat.  Here's the "kids table." Can't wait for more grand kids to join my kids there! :) 

The FEAST

The rest of the group!

Cutie pie Blakely! 

After dinner, we played our traditional BINGO.  Lots of laughs and silly prizes to go around! 

Cousin twiners! 

"Keep smiling Mom!"

This was the best we could get for a family picture.  Lots of bribery and squirming! Ha ha. It was a happy thanksgiving and a happy November! 



No comments: