Saturday, November 12, 2016

Costumes....

We did family costumes this year...because the girls are still young enough to let me! And we did an Alice in Wonderland theme.  I had been saving the Alice costume from when Brielle was a tiny newborn and I saw it super cheap at a consignment store.  So that's where the inspiration came from! 

We watched a few scenes from the movie on Youtube.  So the girls knew who they were being, but didn't have to sit through the creepy movie.  Ha ha! I thought they looked darling on Halloween and sat them down for a group picture.  They were antsy, and wiggly...but I got a few shots that make me smile! 
 First Halloween for this little bunny! And she's excited about it! 







This is our only group picture that we got.  It is at our Ward Halloween party! 

 Jeff and I went to a Halloween party! We had fun wearing costumes with all of our friends.  I especially loved the adult dance party.  Haven't gone dancing in a long time...complete with hip hop, strobe lights and fog! 

 On Halloween, we drove to Jeff's office for trick or treating with all the kids and coworkers. 

 The girls had been talking all month about "going to daddy's office on halloween!" 

 They got candy from every office and snacks at the end! 

 Jeff had fun showing off his kids to his coworkers, and I had fun seeing all the people that Jeff talks about and their families. 


Earlier in the day, I practiced how to trick-or-treat with the girls. I had them stand on our doorstep and practice what to say and do.  It didn't take long for them to figure it out.  ha ha. I think getting candy is an innate ability.  :) 
After leaving Jeff's work party, we drove back to our neighborhood and took the girls out door-to-door.  
 Two streets down from our house, there is a street that goes all-out for Halloween.  Lots of lights and decor.  So that was the street to go to! The girls did great, we met up with friends, and got lots of candy! 
The girls came home, checked out their loot, and ate a few pieces of candy.  And then they were done! I was so surprised.  They didn't ask me to eat any candy the next day, and seemed to forget about it.  No prob, more for me! ha ha.  I sent some back to Jeff's office for his candy bowl, and the rest I saved for little treats when we need it. :) 
It was a great Halloween! Lots of fun, candy and great memories.  
And then it was time for bed. 

No comments: