Sunday, August 14, 2016

Fairy Tale Camp - Day 1

Early on in the year, I dreamed of having two camps at my house over the summer.  One, a young camp for 3-5 year olds, and another for 6-12 years.  I thought about what I wanted to do, and came up with a Fairy Tale camp for the young ones, and a musical theater camp for the older kids. It was something I planned and looked forward to! It was so much fun, I want to do it again for sure! 

The Fairy Tale camp was great cause I had such cute kids there! And I had two great helpers, Ruby & Jane. We picked a different fairy tale to do each day, and I planned activities to go along with it. 

DAY 1
THE FROG PRINCE
We colored Frog prince picture on the deck while waiting for each child to arrive.  Aren't these kids cute?!? 

Then is was time to act out the story of the frog prince.  I narrated it, while Ruby & Jane acted it out.  

 Then it was time for the kids to act it out! This was a lot of fun.  


 Then we sang 5 green, speckled frogs - Each child had to jump into the pretend pond. 

After that, we played "Kiss that frog"....they were blindfolded and had to put lips on the frog picture:

- Snack break -

After eating snack, we made this cute frog craft together:


We ended the camp with some games in the grass.  We played leapfrog in the back yard, Frog Frog Prince (Duck Duck Goose), An obstacle course where they had to walk like a princess, hop like a frog, & bounce like a ball.

 Our cool-down game was Hot potato with a stuffed frog while we sang the frog song "down by the banks."

Lots of fun! 

No comments: