Wednesday, May 4, 2016

It's coronation day!

Because my girls refer everything in life to Frozen, I started calling Adeline's baby blessing - "coronation day." They immediately got it.  It was a big day honoring princess Adeline! 
Brielle and Rosalyn were excited to party and celebrate...here they are at breakfast, complete with curlers in their hair! 

We went to church and Jeff gave Adeline a beautiful blessing.  She looked like a princess and was so calm and happy through church.  She wore a beautiful dress and bonnet from Jeff's mom and was wrapped in a gorgeous blanket made by my Mom.  It was such a special day for me, a true highlight of my life! 

After church, we went behind the church for some pictures. Jeff got some exercise chasing Rosalyn and Brielle around...they were done being reverent and done with pictures! ha ha. 



This is the best family picture we got that day.  I think we were sweating from chasing the girls on the lawn. It's hard to force pictures on toddlers sometimes! ha ha.   
Of course during pictures, I mentioned Rosalyn's blessing and the best family picture we could get that day was with Brielle's finger up her nose. You remember, 
Well, the girls were happy to comply after I mentioned that! 
Ha ha.. Oh well,  This is what life is like right now! 

We came back to my home for a lunch and celebration of Adeline.  It turned out lovely! 

Such yummy food.  Complete with a baby stroller made out of a watermelon.  Made by my Dad! 

We all got to enjoy holding Adeline that day. She enjoyed all the love and attention! 

Adeline with Great-Grandpa! I was so happy he could be there to meet her! 






 My cousin Bradley and wife Mallory came! It was so fun to see them. 

Adeline got a lot of kisses on her special day! 

After eating a yummy lunch I had a little program prepared. We wrote letters of advice and well wishes to Adeline, and I took a picture of every person holding her so I could attach the picture to the letter.  Then I had asked my Grandpa Ricks to tell us all about my Great-Grandma Linnea, after whom the middle name comes from.  He gave a great recitation of the name Linnea and the wonderful Swedish ancestors that bear her name. 

Then I gave everyone a fun quiz to do together. I based it off of the silly Facebook quizzes that you see - who's your best friend? etc. Turns out, after Jeff and myself, my sister Claire got the most answers correct.  So Claire is Adeline's best friend. :) 

Here's the quiz, if you are interested! 

Adeline’s Best Friend Quiz

1. Babies only drink breast milk or formula for the first 6 months. But Adeline was given

juice in the hospital. What type of juice did they give her? (pear juice)

2. Her middle name is Linnea. It is a Swedish name. What does it mean? (A type of flower in Sweden. The Linnea flower.) 

3. How much did she weigh at her 2 month checkup? (11 pounds 5 oz.)

4. She was born at 12:10pm. Which sister was born at 12:06pm? (Rosalyn)

5. She has a dimple on her _______ cheek. (Right)

6. What is Adeline’s nickname from Jeff & Laura? (trick question...we don't have a nickname for her yet!) 

7. What is her favorite primary song that makes her smile when Laura sings it? (Give Said The Little Stream)

8. After coming home from the hospital, Laura debated for 2 weeks about changing 

Adeline’s name to _______ , but later decided Adeline was the right name. (Eveline)

9. What day did Laura tell Jeff that she was pregnant with baby #3? (Father's Day)

10. Which spelling is more popular? AdEline or AdAline? (Adeline)

11. True or False: Adeline likes bath time. (True)

12. What does the name “Adeline” mean? (Noble)

13. Adeline went to the ER for the first time in her life when she was how many weeks old? (2)

14. What size diaper is Adeline wearing today? (Size 2)

15. Where was Adeline’s birth announcement picture taken? (in our back yard)



Then we had more pictures, cake and mingling.  It was a wonderful day. 




We love you, Adeline Linnea! 

No comments: