Sunday, October 2, 2016

September!

Besides lots of birthday celebrations this month...we did lots of fun things! 

We took a trip to the temple grounds one Sunday before church.  The girls especially love the statues there.  

It was a great way to start off our sabbath day worship.  I love living so close, and we drive by often! I love that it is a regular sight for the girls to see. 

In early September I participated in "Broadway at Boren" for Newcastle Days.   It was held at Lake Boren park and it was a really fun night for me.  It's always fun for me to get back on stage and be in a show! We did two group song and dance numbers  and then everyone in the cast performed showtunes from throughout time.  I did a solo song -  "On the S.S. Bernard Cohn" which was a cute little song about a date on a cruise ship. I had a bright yellow parasol and bonnet.  So much fun to dance and sing! It was great to have my family in the audience and afterwards Brielle and Rosalyn rushed the stage during the bows.  It was hilarious.  :) 

We also went to Newcastle Days the next day and had fun at the different booths. 

Brielle gave her first talk in primary.  (well, sort of...she got embarrassed and froze, and I ended up saying it for her.  ha!  She just stood there and smiled and couldn't get words out. So funny.) It was about missionary work.  She wore my missionary name tag for days afterwards.  It was adorable.  She even slept with it on! 

Brielle was invited to a birthday party for a friend.  It was a tea party.  She was SO EXCITED!! I think that joyful memory will always be something I cherish.  She was bursting with excitement and joy to go to this little birthday party. 

We took a little trip down to Olympia and the girls got to ride in "Grandpa's wagon." He got a new lawn mower...so it is ready to go! He pulls them around the yard and they bundle up in sleeping bags.  They stopped at a neighbor's home and fed their horses. A highlight! 

The girls continued to do a lot of bike riding outside.  Brielle thought it was fun to keep her cowboy hat on while riding.  

My Mom and I had a girls day in Seattle to celebrate her birthday! We were regular tourists at the Seattle Center and took a Duck tour.  It was hilarious and we were right in the front, dancing along with the music.  We were both exhausted at the end of it.  Great memory and so much fun with my Mom!! 

Adeline is growing big and strong! She went grocery shopping with me and begged me to sit in the front of the cart like a big girl.  Of course, I obliged. 

Speaking of big girls, Brielle is getting to be a big helper to me.  She turned 4, and is ready to help and assist! Especially with pushing the baby in the stroller.  That is her favorite task these days. 

Brielle and Rosalyn had their 3 & 4 year old checkups.  They passed! It was a wild time at the doctor's office.  Brielle had to get her 4 year old immunizations.  Poor kids getting shots.  Now I know why they give most of the shots to babies before they really know what is going on.  

A week after Rosalyn passed her 3 year old check up, she had a seizure.  It came at such a surprise to me.  She had one back in February from a high fever, if you recall.  This time around, she wasn't sick and was only slightly warm - 99 degrees.  I assumed she was just warm from playing with friends that had just left our home. 

She went into the bathroom and didn't come out for a while.  I was playing with Brielle and then went to check on Rosalyn and found her unconscious and finishing up her seizure on the bathroom floor.  It was terrifying.  She wasn't coming to and waking up very easily and that is what the doctor's are worried about.  I couldn't get a hold of Jeff, and had to find someone to watch the girls so I could take Rosalyn to the doctor.  It was a frantic afternoon, but it all worked out for sweet Rosalyn.  We had to watch over her that night and keep a close eye on her.  She is back to her normal self, but we will get her further checked out soon.  I don't want her to experience another episode.  And frankly, I don't want to experience that again either.  

Luckily, that weekend we had a little getaway planned.  Jeff and I were excited to get outta town and relax and my parents' condo in Westport. We left Brielle and Rosalyn with my parents, and Adeline joined us for a quick, quiet getaway. 

There aren't a lot of things at the condo to entertain a baby...but Adeline loved the coasters just as much as Brielle did when we were there before. 
(Brielle is on the left.  Adeline on the right. )

I enjoyed a long walk to the lighthouse and along the beach.  

We had fun eating out with just Adeline.  So much simpler with just her around! She's at an easy age right now. 

We enjoyed the ups and downs of September and are ready for October!

No comments: