Sunday, September 18, 2016

August!

Fun times in August! We sure love the heavenly summer weather here in Washington, and we made the most of it.  Enjoying every day.  Here are some of the things we did....


I wanted to plan a party to get some of our friends with kids together.  We decided on a day in August and then came up with a theme - toddler road rally.  Everyone was going to come and bring their bikes and have races in the cement area at the end of our street.  We made big plans, and our friends were excited! 
 Finally, the big day arrived.  The food was prepared, the treats were bought, and I put up racing flag decor in our back yard.  We set out chairs and blankets and we were ready to host a fun night! 

Then, one by one....people cancelled last minute.  Sickness, emergencies, last-minute vacations...every one of our friends had to cancel! Oh my goodness, how do you have a party without anyone there? ha ha.  We had a great laugh.  We had one family that was able to come.  So we had a blast with them, and it was a super fun night despite the low turnout! 



 Ready to race! 

 We did foot-races too.  Brielle loves to run! 
 It was a great night.  We are going to do it again next year!  And maybe more people can come next time.  And if not, we will still have a good time.  


I was talking to my mom recently and she asked if we had a recent family picture.  I realized that we hadn't taken a family picture since the picture of all of us together in the hospital when Adeline was born.  Could that be? It's true! So I sat us down before church one Sunday and took one with our tripod.  Here's how it turned out.  I love it!  It took no planning and stress, and one click and everyone was looking at the camera.  That's how I like it. 
 I had to get one with Jeff and his girl: 

Poor Adeline, there's always something she has to deal with.  She's had an interesting introduction to this world! 
She had a large bump on the back of her head that appeared one day.  It grew larger and larger and more red as the days went on.  I took her in to be seen by a doctor when the lymph node on her neck was large and alarmed me.   The doctor determined that she had a bug or spider bite! We had been playing outside a lot lately, poor thing must've gotten bit.  

A few days later the bite got infected.  Poor thing, it was directly on the back of her head which made sleeping painful and difficult.  She is such a sweet thing, I could tell it was bothering her but she handled it like a champ.  I took her in to be seen and they had to drain it and put her in this great ninja wrap: 
She had to be given antibiotics and eventually it went away.  Now she has a red scar on the back of her head, and the hair won't grow there.  Poor little baby! I'm glad she healed up from it though.  It was quite the long ordeal for me. 

I decided to audition for a community show in August.  I got a part, and enjoyed rehearsal! I will blog about the show that I did in September. :) 

 We spent our mornings and afternoons enjoying the sunshine.  We spent time at the splashpad in Bellevue and Newcastle Beach park. 




Brielle is starting a new trend by wearing her butterfly wings with her swimsuit. 


Rosalyn is still attached to her Dolly.  She isn't allowed to leave the house, but she was a stowaway on our bike ride. ha ha.  

I love babies after bath time.  It just never gets old seeing a baby all wrapped up in a towel. 

We did a lot of playing in the back yard! I love our yard so much!!! 


 Remember my summer bucket list? Yep, we did it all! The last thing to do was to go to the Seattle Aquarium which we did the last Saturday in August. 
Baby slept on me most of the aquarium.  She missed a lot. 


 Story time.  Rosalyn wanted to sleep. ha.

 Can't get a picture of these two together that isn't blurry! 

 Brielle liked the jellyfish. 

 Rosalyn liked touching the starfish. 

It was a crazy outing...the girls were so excited and ran all over! I was smart to dress them in bright colors so we could spot them across a crowded room.  Jeff and I were exhausted by the end of the day!! But it was a lot of fun too. 


Big news...after 6 years of having an I-phone 4, Jeff upgraded his phone! Now he is the proud owner of an I-phone SE. 

I enjoy going to my book club each month.  Nice friends. Good books.  This is a picture we took before our August book club.  It's a glamour shot, ha ha.  Charity is a photographer and made us pose with the cool lighting! Fun times. 

In other news, I got my hair cut! Here you can see the before/after.  I made this picture for my Mom since we laugh at the "before" pictures where people look bad.  I love my shorter hair and it has been fun to have a change.  

And that's the end of summer! On to September and fall! (and lots of birthdays..) 

No comments: